WATCH 2011 Annual Meeting All-Access Right Here

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Greetings from New Orleans

The APA meeting is a high point of the psychiatric year. My husband Harold and I arrived just this afternoon and already we have run into thirty or forty good friends and colleagues. Alan Schatzberg, his program committee, and the APA staff have made great improvements in the organization and content of the program. As usual, I can't possibly get to all the sessions I would love to attend. All the same, we are going to find time to enjoy some New Orleans cooking. I could do without the hot and steamy weather, but indoors I still need my jackets for the predictable air conditioning. In my experience, the hotter it is outside, the colder they make it inside. For the next four days, I'll be busy from seven in the morning until eleven in the evening. I'll be exhausted, but it will be worth it. In fact, while I'm here, I'll be registering for next year's meeting. Harold loves Honolulu.

Nada Stotland, M.D., MPH
APA President 2008-9


Nada L. Stotland, M.D., MPH, received a lei after registering for the 2011 APA Annual Meeting in Hawaii.

In New Orleans, the first 2,000 registrants for the APA meeting in Hawaii are presented with a lei. In addition to the garland of flowers, anyone who registers for the Hawaii meeting during the meeting in New Orleans gets to register at 2010 rates. The discounted Hawaii registration will close after the New Orleans meeting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment